Do you have a substance abuse problem? (Source: adapted from www.helpguide.org)
- Do you feel like you can’t stop, even if you wanted to?
- Do you ever feel bad or guilty about your alcohol or drug use?
- Do you need to use alcohol or drugs to relax or feel better?
- Do your friends or family members complain or worry about your alcohol or drug use?
- Do you hide or lie about your alcohol or drug use?
- Have you ever done anything illegal in order to obtain alcohol or drugs?
- Do you spend money on alcohol or drugs that you really can’t afford?
- Do you ever use more than one recreational drug at a time?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of the questions, you may have an alcohol or drug problem. If you have concerns, you should seek the help of a professional. If you don’t know where to turn for help, contact us at email@example.com.
If you are a teen or young adult and want to “check yourself” to see if you might have a problem with alcohol or drugs, click here: http://www.checkyourself.com/
If you need some answers to questions like “How can I get help without telling my parents?” click here: http://www.checkyourself.com/DrugQA.aspx